Many Mothers is here to support our community!
Our current program offerings include:
- Our long-standing Maternal Support Program has pivoted since the COVID-19 crisis began. We still provide practical, hands-on support to all families, but since many volunteers and families are not comfortable working with families in their homes, our support has a new out-of-the box approach. Volunteers are available assist families in a socially distanced way by helping with grocery shopping, meal preparation, errands, and meeting in outdoor areas to counsel new mothers. We may have volunteers to help in the more traditional way, too, with hands-on support in families’ homes. Just inquire with us! Read the intake letter/email in English or Español.
- Our Safe Sleep Program, funded by CYFD and addresses issues of unsafe sleep practices and provides families with a safe sleep space for babies and education that is proven to reduce the incidence of SIDS in our community.
- The Many Mothers Village Closet opened in June 2019 and is a place where families can “shop” for new and gently used items for children ages 0-3, available on a sliding scale and donation-only basis, to get their children off to a healthy start. Items include breastfeeding supplies, clothes, toys, books, portable cribs, feeding supplies, etc. Available by appointment.
- Our Bilingual Navigation program just launched this spring with funding from Santa Fe City and Santa Fe County. We are now able to provide intensive one-on-one support to families to address the social determinants of health: Housing, transportation, food, safety, and utilities. Since April 2020, we have provided navigation services to over 90 families in Santa Fe and Rio Arriba counties.
- The Babies’ Basic Needs program is our response to the economic fallout caused by COVID-19. During a monthly distribution, we aid income-eligible families in Santa Fe, Rio Arriba, and Los Alamos with basic needs supplies: Diapers, formula, baby food, etc.
- Our Farm to Families program was also launched as a response to COVID-19. During the monthly basic needs distribution, income-eligible families are provided with a bag of farm fresh produce from our partners at the nonprofit Reunity Resources, along with dry goods from a local catering company and meat from New Mexico ranchers.
To sign up or learn more about our programs, please email Info@manymothers.org or call our voicemail line and leave a message at 505.983.5964. A staff member will call you back within a few days. You may also fill out an application and enroll HERE.
“The kids & I adore our volunteer and are enjoying all she does. She has won the respect of my 3 yr old who looks forward to her visits & undivided attention. She jumps right in helping with my 2.5 month old, and I have been very comfortable with everything she does to help our family. I honestly appreciate any and all support I get, it is quite a blessing to our family. The support provided by Many Mothers is amazing.” ~Devonie
Please note that all programs are available at no cost! The Navigation, Babies’ Basic Needs, and Farm-to-Families programs are for income-eligible families only.