We are here to support the community!
Many Mothers provides services to all families in Northing New Mexico at no cost. However, The Navigation, Babies’ Basic Needs, and Farm-to-Families programs are available for income-eligible families only.
Our long-standing Maternal Support Program* provides practical, hands-on support to all families in Santa Fe, Rio Arriba or Los Alamos counties with infants 0-6 months. By connecting families to trained volunteers, we are able to ensure parents have guidance and an extra pair of hands when caring for new babies. Families will receive at least 36 hours of in-home support for a 12-week period within the baby’s first six months.
The following programs are provided to families enrolled in the Maternal Support Program, as part of our commitment to provide wraparound, supportive care.
- Our Safe Sleep Program promotes and educates families about current safe sleep practices. Our staff provides research-based education that is proven to reduce the incidence of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) in our community. Safe sleep supplies are available for income-eligible families.
- The Navigation Program connects families to community resources in order to support positive outcomes for families and their children. Navigation focuses on parenting education, housing/rental support, transportation, food, safety, utilities, and more.
- The Village Closet holds new and gently used items such as clothing and books for children ages 0-3. Here, families are able to receive items they need for their children free of charge or on a donation basis.
- The Babies’ Basic Needs and Farm-to-Families Programs provides basic needs supplies (diapers, baby food, hygiene supplies) and food from local farms to income-eligible families in Northern New Mexico.
To enroll, fill out an application HERE
Questions? Email email@example.com or call our voicemail line and leave a message at 505.983.5964. We be in touch within a few days.
“The kids & I adore our volunteer and are enjoying all she does. She has won the respect of my 3 yr old who looks forward to her visits & undivided attention. She jumps right in helping with my 2.5 month old, and I have been very comfortable with everything she does to help our family. I honestly appreciate any and all support I get, it is quite a blessing to our family. The support provided by Many Mothers is amazing.” ~Devonie
* “We are taking a gender-additive approach to the language used to describe our services. For us, a gender-additive approach means using gender-neutral language alongside the language of womanhood, in order to ensure that everyone is represented and included…If we only use gender neutral language, we risk marginalizing or erasing the experience of some of the women and people who use our services.”
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals.